It's the weekend.... hurrah!!
David Alley is no stranger to the airwaves of Herts, Beds and Bucks.
Born in Bedford North Wing Hospital, David grew up in the Bedfordshire village of Roxton and went to Sandy Upper School.
He joined Chiltern FM in 2002 and stayed as a regular fixture on the weekend schedule until the Bedford station closed in 2010. At home, David is married to Jane and has 2 children.
Weekends after the show are spent running kids backwards and forwards between netball and golf, gardening and enjoying time out with the family. David also hosts a popular pub quiz every Thursday evening.
On the show he'll want to know what you're getting up to in Herts, Beds & Bucks this weekend.
He'll have all the big local events, the main sporting action, and the Musical Mystery Tripleplay just after 12:30pm - 3 songs that can somehow be linked together, but what's the connection?
The connection can be anything: Something the artists have all done; something common between the titles such as all covered by one artist; or a word from the artist or title that forms a connection.
Play along below.... these are some we've done already on the show.
1. Jigsaw - Sky High, Madonna - Like a Virgin, and Talk Talk - Life's What You Make It.
2. INXS – Taste It, Kylie – Love at First Sight, and Five Star – The Slightest Touch
3. Larry Williams - Bony Moronie, Pebbles - Mercedes Boy, Malcolm McLaren – Double Dutch
4. Gene Chandler – Get Down, David Geddes – Run Joey Run, Diana Ross – Upside Down
5. The Monkees – I'm a Believer, Urge Overkill – Girl You'll Be a Woman Soon, UB40 – Red Red Wine
6. Haywoode - Roses, Stranglers - No More Heroes, Kool and the Gang - Celebration
7. Rupert Holmes - Escape, Animotion – Obsession, Alison Moyet – Weak in the Presence of Beauty
8. Phil Collins – Two Hearts, Midnight Oil – Beds Are Burning, Bucks Fizz – London Town
Did you get any of them?
1. ALL PHONE / BROADBAND PROVIDERS 2. SENSES 3. FORMULA 1 TEAMS 4. MALE CHARACTERS FROM FRIENDS 5. ALL WRITTEN BY NEIL DIAMOND 6. CHOCOLATE TUBS 7. CALVIN KLEIN FRAGRANCES 8. ALL OLDIES RADIO TRANSMISSION AREA ON DAB
Send David a message to share what you are doing this weekend:
Get The AOR Mug
AOR Mug (White)